Job Description: Community Support Specialist
A Community Support Specialist (CSS) provides individualized skill development for persons with a brain injury and/or neurological conditions. A CSS assists clients in functional skill building and everyday problem solving. These services may include development and implementation of strategies to address household management, time management, navigation, scheduling, vocational/volunteer exploration, cognitive skill training, health and wellness activities, or other home-based and community-based activities.
- Military Service is a HUGE plus; if applicable will validate with DD214
- Associates Degree mandatory, Bachelors Degree is preferred.
- Safe, reliable, and properly insured transportation.
- Ability to travel to many locations throughout the Greater Atlanta area during the workday.
- Experience working in human services is preferred but not required.
- Ability to work in a variety of community environments.
- Certified Brain Injury Specialist is a plus.
- Life Coaching/Physical Training certification is a plus.
- CPR/AED Certification is required, but can be obtained during training.
- Strong email and note-taking skills
- Effective Communicator
- Strong grasp of smart phone technology
- Ability to submit timely and accurate reports and records.
- Ability to pass a personal and Department of Justice background check
- Team Player dedicated to serving others!
- Adherence to company policies.
- Ability to stand, bend, stretch and climb stairs. Ability to lift or move up to 40 pounds.
- Stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, grasping and lifting may all be required in this position.
- Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, make fine discriminations in sound.
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word.
- The worker is subject to both environmental conditions: Activities occur inside and outside.
Warrior Life Services – Helping ALL Warriors Move Forward
About Warrior Life Services
Warrior Life Services provides Life Skills and Community Support to our nation’s combat veterans. Located in the greater Atlanta area, we have been providing our services since 2009. With the Global War On Terror continuing, more men and women of the military are returning home with many “unseen injuries” that prevent them from engaging in active and meaningful lives.
That’s where we come in.
Using a team approach, Warrior Life Services, provides comprehensive evaluation through our Case Management partners and then we match each warrior with a Community Support Specialist that works one-on-one to assist their warrior-clients meet their goals toward independence. Some of the types of activities you will engage in are:
- Social and Recreational
- Transportation to medical / rehabilitative appointments
- Other Life Skills
Training: You will receive paid coaching and training prior to assignment of clients.
Location: Greater Atlanta Area
Hours: Monday – Friday, 7:45am – 5:15pm (hours may vary)
Compensation: Paid as an Independent Contractor, your hourly rate will be commensurate with experience. You will receive reimbursement for mileage and other approved expenses. Warrior Life Services will provide for your Professional and Personal Liability Insurance
Ideal applicants will have experience as EMTs, Recreational Therapists, Combat Medics, or other healthcare-related fields with experience working with people with disabilities.
All positions open until filled
Job Type: Contract with potential growth.
Required license or certification:
- GA Driver License with good driving record
- Ability to secure vehicle insurance requirements
- All educational and training certifications will be considered
If you’re looking for a way to serve our nation’s warriors on their road to recovery, then you belong on our team.